Thursday, April 13, 2017

STAR POWER

My Star Power

Top Point: Religion
Left Point: Gender
Bottom Left Point: Social Economical Status 
Bottom Right Point: Race/ Ethnicity
Right Point: Being Awesome

        Why I put them that way is because right now in my life Religion is a huge thing. I am a return missionary for my church. A mission is where you go and teach about what you believe and help others believe it to. In my star that gives me a lot of power because in Utah County most people are LDS. 
        Gender is my second point because I am a female in a male dominating culture. I live in a society where they think men are better than women. I am here to tell you I can do almost the same amount of work as a man. I can do yard work, drive a massive semi, I can do the same things that a man can do. Don't limit me because I am a woman!
        Social Economical Status I am just a normal person trying to make it. I come from a family of a teacher and a diesel mechanic. I have learned that you have to work hard to get anything you want or need in the world it isn't handed to you. You have to fight for it. You have to put in the effort to accomplish anything.
        Race/Ethnicity I am white living in this culture. I am just your normal average Joe with a diverse family. I have Native Americans on my mothers side. We love them as family because they are they are brown but that doesn't bother us any.
        My last point is just being awesome because I am. I dance to the beat of my own drum. I have had a ton of discouragements but I don't let them get me down. I get back up and brush off the dirt and just keep going. Nothing is impossible if you don't give up. Just keep fighting the uphill battle will end one day. I have been climbing one for a long time but I am still going and still trying. Stay strong and never lose sight of the end goal.

No comments:

Post a Comment